Posts tagged food.
Even though pollen is the honeybee’s primary source of nutrition, honey is their sole food source during cold weather and other times when alternatives are not available.
- Bee pollen: pollen collected by bees; their primary source of nutrition.
- Royal jelly (bee milk): the pharyngeal gland secretions of the nurse bees. The queen larvae receives more of the royal jelly than the worker larvae, growing her into a queen bee.
- Beeswax: secreted by bees to help build their hives.
- Propolis: a brownish resinous material of waxy consistency collected by bees from the buds of trees and used as a cement and an antiseptic.
Cruelty in the Honey Industry
Common practices in the honey industry are:
To prevent the queen bee from leaving the hive, honey producers sometimes cut off her wings.
Often, queen bees are artificially inseminated.
Large commercial operations sometimes take all the honey instead of leaving enough for the bees to get through the winter. The honey is than replaced with a cheap sugar substitute.
Most beekeepers remove all the spring-season honey.
In colder areas, some bee keepers will burn the beehives, killing all the bees inside, before the winter starts to reduce cost.
Bees are often killed or harmed by haphazard handling.
Bees are hardworking animals who deserve to keep the labor of their work. Stealing products from them is a form of exploitation, which should and can be easily avoided. Honey can be replaced by agave syrup, rice syrup, barley malt, maple syrup, molasses, sorghum or fruit concentrates.
bees are not animals. they are insects. honey provides a huge range of benefits to humans and can NOT be replaced by sugary syrups.
So if insects aren’t animals what are they? Plants?
Bees are sentient beings that are vital to our ecosystem. They are not however, vital for maintaining good health, so why would we take all of their hard earned work? It’s cruel and unnecessary.
We have kept bees since I was very young and we always made sure the bees had enough honey stores to see them through the winter before taking some for ourselves. These days, with veroa mites destroying young larvae and the cold weather freezing the bees in their sleep, its is crucial that people continue to keep bees, allowing them to store their honey for their own hive. it is all about balance! The honey industry rapes bees for their sweet liquid gold and this is what being vegan aims to stand against, in my opinion.
Shredded apples + cinnamon + oranges + 3 powerful words LOVE * ABUNDANCE * GRATITUDE #health #beauty #love
Chia seed jams / Recipes
My breakfast was -
- 3 tbsp Chia seeds (9g protein)
- 1 tbsp flax seeds (2g protein)
- 4 tbsp oats (5g protein)
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds (3g protein)
- 1 kiwi fruit (1g protein)
- Mixed with water to make a pudding
Thats 20g of protein. Compare that with 2 poached eggs (12g protein).
And they wonder where vegans get their protein from…
This plant right here is God’s gift to mankind, I treasure this plant so much. What I do is, I peal off the skin off the plant and then cut up the gel like fruit layer in small squares and then put them in a bottle as if they were pills and and take 4 squares per day; You can also use the Aloe Vera plant externally on your skin as a skin treatment supplement too. Here are some benefits of using the Aloe Vera plant.
- Halts the growth of cancer tumors.
- Lowers high cholesterol.
- Repairs “sludge blood” and reverses “sticky blood”.
- Boosts the oxygenation of your blood.
- Eases inflammation and soothes arthritis pain.
- Protects the body from oxidative stress.
- Prevents kidney stones and protects the body from oxalates in coffee and tea.
- Alkalizes the body, helping to balance overly acidic dietary habits.
- Cures ulcers, IBS, Crohn’s disease and other digestive disorders.
- Reduces high blood pressure natural, by treating the cause, not just the symptoms.
- Nourishes the body with minerals, vitamins, enzymes and glyconutrients.
- Accelerates healing from physical burns and radiation burns.
- Replaces dozens of first aid products, makes bandages and antibacterial sprays obsolete.
- Halts colon cancer, heals the intestines and lubricates the digestive tract.
- Ends constipation.
- Stabilizes blood sugar and reduces triglycerides in diabetics.
- Prevents and treats candida infections.
- Protects the kidneys from disease.
- Functions as nature’s own “sports drink” for electrolyte balance, making common sports drinks obsolete.
- Boosts cardiovascular performance and physical endurance.
- Speeds recovery from injury or physical exertion.
- Hydrates the skin, accelerates skin repair.
Dark Chocolate & granola covered blackberries. (traduccion abajo)
- cacoa semi-sweet chips (your preference of percentage of “darkness”)
- (vegan) granola
- Melt the chocolate chips in a bowl in the microwave or stove. Do NOT boil the chocolate - simply soften the chips and continually stir them.
- Stick the blackberry with a wooden skewer or fork, and then dip them in the chocolate.
- Pour granola in a bowl or plate. Roll the blackberry covered in chocolate in the granola.
- Place the blackberries on a wax sheet or plastic container and then place them in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
Approx macros for ONE blackberry ball: 59 calories, 2g protein, 3g carbs, 3g fats
Moras cubiertas con chocolate oscuro y granola
- virutas semi-dulces de cacoa (su preferencia de porcentaje de “oscuridad”)
- (vegan) granola
- Derretir el chocolate en un bol en el microondas o estufa. NO hervir el chocolate - simplemente suavizar las virutas y revolverlas continuamente.
- Pegar la mora con una brocheta de madera o tenedor, y luego sumergirlos en el chocolate.
- Verter granola en un tazón o plato. Rodar la mora cubierta en chocolate en la granola.
- Colocar las moras en una hoja de cera o de plástico y colocar en el refrigerador durante por lo menos 3 horas.
Macros Aprox para UNA mora cubierta: 59 calorías, 2g de proteínas, 3g de carbos, 3g de grasas
Green smoothie bowl (2 bananas, spinach, apple, coconut water, rolled oats) topped with fruit, chia seeds and dark chocolate chips!